2013 Tiered Registration Process
This year, registration for the Fittest Games will happen in three phases. The purpose behind this is to ensure that we field the most competitive competitors from around the nation. Spots will go fast, so be sure to mark your calendar and secure your spot for this years competition.
[next_message styles="4" title="Clarification"]There has been some confusion with the definition of pro and how it relates to registration. The definition of pro will be on a sliding scale from year to year to field a quality pro division. However we will always hold qualifying for regionals and the games as a standard that sets athletes apart. Therefore our registration will be tiered based on that concept.[/next_message]
Here are some examples:
- An athlete that qualifies as pro this year but did not qualify for the games or regionals will still have to wait for the 3rd registration day to register.
- An athlete that was on a team that went to the games but did not qualify in the 151 will have to wait for the 3rd registration day.
- If an athlete went to the Games on a team and qualified as an individual for regionals, they will be able to register on the 2nd registration day.
The ability to register as pro does not allow you to register early. It only qualifies you for the division.
Registration will happen in three phases this year:
- Phase 1: Games individuals and Games teams (November 1st)
- Phase 2: Regionals individuals and teams.
- General Population (November 3rd)
If your gym qualified a team to the CrossFit Games or Regionals you will be allowed to register a team in phase one or two respectively. However your team does not have to be comprised of all the qualifying members. The purpose behind having a tiered registration is to field the best possible competition group. We would like a wide variety of athletes and we believe this is the best way to accomplish this.
This is a new method that we are happy to clarify if you are confused. Fill out a contact form if you have more questions
- Pro Male: 40
- Pro Female: 30
- Amateur Male: 70
- Amateur Female: 50
- Teams 50
*Masters Athletes compete in the Amateur heats but will be scored seperately
- Individuals: $110
- Teams: $380
- Spectators: $20 online | $25 at the Door
- Purse: $20,000
*This is a two day competition, entry fees cover both days